22 Aug 2019 00:09:11
How we store and protect your information?
- What information do we collect?
When you use our services (including visiting our website or receiving our newsletters), we collect:
• usage, analytical and marketing information; and
• the information you provide to us, such as your personal contact details, account details, verification information, and your communications with us.
This information is collected to help us improve and offer the services you need each time you visit and to improve our services generally. We may also use this information to improve our advertising and marketing of related products and services.
- How do we collect your information?
We may also collect your personal information from a third party or other sources where you have authorised this or where it is consistent with the Privacy Act.
- How we use information
- We (and any authorised third parties) may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- • to process your transactions and administer your account;
- • to verify your identity;
- • to publish lists of Approved Users and their statuses;
- • to help us develop, market, improve, manage, administer and facilitate our services and operations and those of our business partners;
- • for internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- • for safety and security purposes;
- • to meet our legal obligations;
- • us to notify you of our services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits;
- • to carry out credit checks; and
- • to conduct market research.
By providing contact details, you consent to us contacting you using those contact details
Some uses of your personal information may involve the transfer of that information outside New Zealand, to be held and used by our service providers. By providing personal information to us, you consent to its disclosure to our service providers and social media platform operators including those based in countries outside New Zealand.
- When do we disclose information?
- Personal information held by Carbon Match
- • will be accessible by our staff or advisors where it is necessary for that staff member or advisor to carry out their duties; and
- • may be disclosed for business reasons, including to advertisers.
- Carbon Match will not disclose personal information to third parties except where:
- • the individual has authorised such disclosure;
- • Carbon Match believes disclosure is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies) or to facilitate court proceedings;
- • disclosure is necessary for a function of Carbon Match, such as for legal, marketing or auditing purpose; or
- • disclosure is in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How you can access your information?
- Carbon Match will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Carbon Match will keep personal information that has been collected for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it may be lawfully used, including for as long as we are providing our services to you and as required to meet our obligations for retaining records.
- Communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. We may allow third parties to monitor our network for security and information assurance purposes.
How to make a complaint
- To request, update or delete your personal information, or if you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- If you consider that we have interfered with your privacy, or misused your personal information, please make a complaint to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz or you can contact the relevant privacy authority in the country in which you accessed this website or used our services.